Harrisburg – Twenty-five youth contestants participated in the Poultry Showmanship contest at the 2012 Pennsylvania Farm Show on Saturday, Jan. 7, in Harrisburg.
New York’s Jamie Matts evaluated the 25 4-H’ers on the many different components of the showmanship competition. He ended the day saying the seniors “blew him out of the water.”
The competition began with the youngest 4-H age group of 9-10 year olds exhibiting and answering questions about their various birds and continued up to the oldest and more experienced group of 17-18 year olds.
The following are the results of the 4-H Youth Poultry Showmanship Contest:
9 and 10-year-olds
1. Bryce Murray, Spring City, Montgomery Co.
2. Ronnie Clemmer, Harleysville, Montgomery Co.
3. Mariellen Kehler, Barto, Berks Co.
4. Olivia Magann, Spring City, Montgomery Co.
1. Will Tornabe, Cedars, Montgomery Co.
2. Will Kitsch, Mohnton, Berks Co.
3. Reed Smith, Telford, Montgomery Co.
1. Emma Holliday, Limerick, Montgomery Co.
2. Jacob Bower, Gardners, Adams Co.
1. Trent Goss, McClure, Snyder Co.
2. Rachiel Nowakowski, Gaines, Tioga Co.
3. Rachel Satterthwaite, Collegeville, Montgomery Co.
4. Mitch Meadows, Collegeville, Montgomery Co.
1. Mathew Holliday, Limerick, Montgomery Co.
2. Kacie Cassar, Lansdale, Montgomery Co.
1. Amy Brian McGee, Forksville, Sullivan Co.
2. Heather Sciubba, Havertown, Delaware Co.
3. Natasha Clifford, Wallingford, Delaware Co.
1. Katie Broderick, Lansdale, Montgomery Co.
17 and 18-year-olds
1. Joshua Cassar, Lansdale, Montgomery Co.
2. Kurt Miller, Honey Brook, Chester Co.
3. Sarah Nafziger, Mohnton, Berks Co.
The 2012 Pennsylvania Farm Show is the largest indoor agricultural event in the nation, featuring more than 6,000 animals, 10,000 competitive exhibits and 300 commercial exhibitors. The show runs Jan. 7-14 at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center in Harrisburg. Admission is free and parking is $10. For more information or a complete schedule, visit www.farmshow.state.pa.us.
For photos, click here.