Harrisburg – Visitors to the 2012 Pennsylvania Farm Show are invited to enter photographs that capture the spirit of the event in the show’s annual photo contest.
“In this age of social media, it’s easier than ever to capture the exciting moments that make Farm Show memories and share them with others,” said Agriculture Secretary George Greig. “The photo contest is a great way for visitors to put their photography skills to the test and share their diverse experiences beyond their normal social circles with bragging rights, cash and a special parking space up for grabs.”
Anyone visiting the show is eligible, and the top three entries will be featured in the 2013 Pennsylvania Farm Show Souvenir Book. The first-place winner will receive $100 and a VIP parking space for the 2013 show. The second-place winner will receive a $75 cash prize, and the third-place winner will earn a $50 prize.
Contest guidelines are as follows:
· The photograph must be taken at the 2012 Farm Show;
· The photograph must be in color;
· The photograph must be 4 x 6 inches in size;
· If a digital camera is used, the resolution must be at least 300 dpi;
· Entries are limited to one per person and must be submitted by March 31, 2012;
· Contact information (name, address, phone number, email address) and caption must be included with entry;
· All photo entries become the property of the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture;
· Employees of the Department of Agriculture are not eligible; and
· The contest is open only to non-professional entries.
The 2011 winner was Melanie Zimmerman from Elizabethtown, Lancaster County. Second-place honors went to Jamie Copeland from Port Royal, Juniata County and third place to Melanie Peters from Elizabethville, Dauphin County. Digital photos and entry form information must be emailed to email@example.com by March 31, 2012. Print photos can be mailed with entry form to April Orwig at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, 2301 N. Cameron St., Harrisburg, PA 17110.
The Pennsylvania Farm Show is the largest indoor agricultural event in the nation, featuring nearly 6,000 animals, 10,000 competitive exhibits and 290 commercial exhibitors. The eight-day show is Jan. 7-14, at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center in Harrisburg. Admission is free and parking is $10. For more information, visit www.farmshow.state.pa.us.