Harrisburg - Visitors to the 2011 Pennsylvania Farm Show are invited to enter their outstanding snapshots of the show in the annual photo contest, Agriculture Secretary Russell C. Redding said today.
"The photo contest is a fun way to experience the Farm Show through the perspective of visitors and exhibitors. It allows us to highlight special moments and diverse points of view that may not have been captured before," said Redding.
All show visitors are eligible to enter and the top three entries will be featured in the 2012 Pennsylvania Farm Show Souvenir Book. The first-place winner will receive $100 and a VIP parking space at the 2012 show. The second-place winner will receive a $75 cash prize and the third-place winner will take home $50.
Contest guidelines are as follows:
• The photo must be taken at the 2011 Farm Show;
• The photo must be 4 x 6 inches in size and in color;
• If using a digital camera, the resolution must be at least 300 dpi;
• Entries are limited to one per person;
• Contact information (name, address, phone number, e-mail address) and caption must be included with entry;
• All photo entries become the property of the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture;
• Department of Agriculture employees are not eligible; and
• The contest is open only to non-professional entries.
Last year's winner was Diana Stager, of Finksburg, Md. Second-place honors went to Tony Fiorini, of Womelsdorf, Berks County. Robert Pagni, of Souderton, Montgomery County, won third place.
Digital photos and entry form information must be mailed to email@example.com by March 31. Photo prints can be mailed with complete contact information to: Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, Attn: April Orwig - Photo Contest, 2301 N. Cameron St., Harrisburg, PA 17110.
The Pennsylvania Farm Show is the largest indoor agricultural event in the nation, featuring nearly 6,000 animals, 10,000 competitive exhibits and 290 commercial exhibitors. The show runs Jan. 8-15 at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex and Expo Center in Harrisburg. Admission is free and parking is $10. For more information, visit www.farmshow.state.pa.us.
Media contact: Matt Tindall, 717-787-5085
Editor's Note: To receive news releases, media advisories and story ideas, subscribe to the Farm Show Media Service at www.farmshow.state.pa.us and click on "Media."