HARRISBURG – Say cheese! Visitors to the 2009 Pennsylvania Farm Show are invited to snap photos of their favorite show moments to win up to $100 and receive a VIP parking space at the 2010 show, said Agriculture Secretary Dennis Wolff today.
“Great photo opportunities are all around at the Farm Show and the photo contest is a perfect way to capture special moments,” said Wolff. “Pennsylvania agriculture is so diverse. The Farm Show offers the best in livestock shows, food and entertainment, which make for great photos.”
Anyone visiting the show is eligible to enter and the top three entries will be featured in the 2010 Souvenir Book. The second place winner will receive a $75 cash prize and the third place winner will take home $50.
Contest guidelines are as follows:
• The photograph must be taken at the 2009 Farm Show;
• The photograph must be in color;
• The photograph must be 4 x 6 inches in size;
• If a digital camera is used, the resolution must be at least 300 dpi;
• Entries are limited to one per person and must be submitted by Feb. 28;
• Contact information (name, address, phone number, email address) and caption must be included with entry;
• All photo entries become the property of the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture;
• The judging will be done by the Department of Agriculture;
• Employees of the Department of Agriculture are not eligible; and
• The contest is open only to non-professional entries.
Last year’s winner was Judy Hawthorn of New Cumberland. Debbie Hoy of Waynesburg won second place, and third place honors went to Michele Randal of Kutztown.
Digital photos and entry form information should be mailed to email@example.com
. Print photos should be mailed with entry form to Brynn Kepler at the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, 2301 N. Cameron Street, Harrisburg, PA 17110.
The Pennsylvania Farm Show is the largest indoor agricultural event in the nation, featuring nearly 6,000 animals, 10,000 competitive exhibits and 270 commercial exhibitors. The eight-day show is Jan. 10-17, at the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex & Expo Center in Harrisburg. Admission is free and parking is $8. For more information, visit www.farmshow.state.pa.us
EDITOR’S NOTE: To receive news releases, media advisories and story ideas, subscribe to the Farm Show Media Service at www.farmshow.state.pa.us
(click on Media).